Cashier Training Index
Help new employees quickly learn the basics of the ShopKeep register. From clocking in to ringing up sales, everything to get started is here in one convenient place.
Please note that ShopKeep does not offer an in-app training mode. This index is your complete guide to learning about cashier functions on the register.
Table of Contents
Start Your Day
- Start your day by clocking in, then sign in to begin ringing sales.
- Get acquainted with the iPad and start using the ShopKeep Register.
- Learn the basics of running sales at the register.
- Learn how to ring up different types of items.
- If necessary, perform a Return to refund a sale.
- Check an item’s Quantity on Hand to see how much is in stock.
- Add and tag Customers to track their purchases.
- Keep a sale open by saving it.
- Issue, redeem, and check the balance of ShopKeep Gift Cards.
- Earn, view, and redeem ShopKeep Loyalty points.
- Manage online orders from the Saved Sales screen for ShopKeep eCommerce online ordering.
- Learn about the Support section of the Main Menu.
- Learn to read the register’s System Diagnostics screen.
End Your Day
- End your day by printing the register shift report and clocking out.
- If you have questions about using the register, view all our Register articles or visit our Register FAQ.
- Visit one of our ShopKeep App Troubleshooting guides for help solving common cashier issues.