The Table Layout feature on the iOS and Android ShopKeep Register apps allows you to create a floor plan of your restaurant or bar, view open and seated tables, and start orders directly from the table layout, saving your staff time by enabling them to quickly locate saved sales according to how tables are arranged in your restaurant. From BackOffice, enable the table layout to customize and use the layout at the register.
Table of Contents
Enable the Table Layout
For the table layout to appear on your register, enable it from BackOffice.
- In BackOffice, go to 'Settings', then click 'General'.
- Click the 'Enable' check box in the 'Tables' section.
- (Optional) Select 'Tables' in the 'Default Home Screen' section.
The Default Home Screen feature is only supported on the iOS ShopKeep Register app. Read our Default Home Screen article to learn more.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Save'.
- Get updates on the iOS or Android register to set the Table Layout feature live on the register.
Set Up the Table Layout
From the ShopKeep Register app, manually set up the table layout of your restaurant or bar based on its floor plan. Add, move, resize, rotate, and delete tables, obstacles, and zone divisions to create a floor plan to your exact specifications.
- If using the iOS ShopKeep Register app, open a register shift.
Read our Opening & Closing Register Shifts article to learn more.
- Tap 'Tables' on the Main Menu (iOS) or register menu (Android).iOS ShopKeep Register appAndroid ShopKeep Register app
- Tap 'Edit' (iOS) or the pencil icon (Android) to edit the table layout.
- Tap 'Add' (iOS) or ‘+’ (Android) for a list of objects to select from, then tap an object.
iOS ShopKeep Register appAndroid ShopKeep Register app
- Table (Square, Circle, Rectangle)
- Obstacle (Square, Circle, Rectangle)
- Zone Divider
- Name the object, then tap 'OK' (iOS) or the disk icon (Android).
To rename an object, press and hold the object then tap ‘Rename’ (iOS), or tap the object (Android).iOS ShopKeep Register appAndroid ShopKeep Register app
- Move and resize the object.
To move: drag and drop into the desired position.
To resize: pinch and zoom with two fingers to increase or decrease the size.
To rotate: rotate with two fingers to the desired position.
- (Optional) To delete an object, press and hold the object then tap ‘Delete’ (iOS), or tap the ‘x’ above the object (Android).iOS ShopKeep Register appAndroid ShopKeep Register app
- Repeat steps 4 - 7 for all floor plan objects.
- Tap 'Done' (iOS) or the disk icon (Android) to save the layout.
When using the iOS ShopKeep Register app, the table layout is only available on the register from which it is created. When using the Android ShopKeep Register app, the table layout syncs to each Android register with Saved Sales Sync enabled.
Use the Table Layout
On the Table Layout screen, staff can easily view open and seated tables, start a new order for a table, and add items to saved sales for a selected table.
- Tap a grey table.
Grey tables are tables with no guests and no saved sales assigned to them, while white tables have seated guests and a saved sale. Before starting a new saved sale at an occupied table, the existing saved sale must be closed and, if necessary, its tip must be entered.
- (Optional) If Guest Count is enabled, enter the number of guests for the table, then 'Done'.
Read our Guest Count article for more information.
- Add items to the transaction as normal.
Learn more about adding items in our Running Sales at the Register article.
- Tap the disk icon to save the sale.
Items that are assigned printer groups will automatically be sent to the ticket printer.
Each table can only hold one saved sale at a time. When using split tenders a new saved sale will be shown on the Saved Sales screen but not on the Tables screen. The original saved sale will remain assigned to the table.
- Tap 'Save' (iOS) or the disk icon (Android) to name the saved sale.
Saved sales are automatically assigned the name of the table and the time the saved sale was created. The name of the saved sale can be updated if necessary.iOS ShopKeep Register appAndroid ShopKeep Register app
* Saved sales do not currently sync between tables on iOS registers using the Table Layout feature, so a sale saved at Table 1 on Register A will not appear on Table 1 on Register B. However, the saved sale will be visible on both registers’ Saved Sales screens if Saved Sales Sync or Serverless Sync™ is enabled.
- Follow the steps below to view, modify, or close out a saved sale assigned to a table.Tap a white table to open and view its saved sale.Tables display how long saved sales have been open, in hours and minutes.To modify the saved sale, make changes to it, then tap the disk icon to save.To close the saved sale, select the customer’s payment tender and follow the prompts.
- If multiple customers are sharing the bill, use Split Tender to divide payment up to 9 ways, or split the saved sale before tendering it to separate its items into multiple different sales.
- For help tendering the sale, visit our Running Sales at the Register article.