Saved Sales Sync
Saved Sales Sync enables businesses with an active internet connection to sync open saved sales between registers, securely back up saved sales (even if using a single device), view BackOffice reporting on saved sales, and close saved sales from the Lightspeed Pay app. With this feature, sales saved at one register can be viewed, modified, and finished on another, allowing flexibility to manage orders from any available device. When adding or replacing a register, backed-up saved sales will be available immediately.
In the Retail POS (S-Series) app for Android, the table layout also syncs between registers using Saved Sales Sync. In the iOS Register app, you must manually enable Table Layout Sync to sync the table layout between registers. To learn how to set up and use the table layout and Table Layout Sync, visit our Table Layout article.
Table of Contents
Saved Sales Sync Basics
Here is some basic information about how the Saved Sales Sync feature works.
Best Practices for Saved Sales Sync
For Saved Sales Sync to work most effectively, follow the best practices for using this feature.
Saved Sales Sync Settings
While it is recommended to keep Saved Sales Sync enabled, if you plan to continuously operate a register without internet, disable Saved Sales Sync on that register to avoid recurring offline warning messages. If disabled, Saved Sales Sync can easily be turned back on.
Disabling Saved Sales Sync on a register will immediately sync its saved sales to other registers with the feature enabled, then remove them from the disabled register. After the feature is disabled, sales saved at that register will no longer be backed up or synced to other registers, and orders placed via your Lightspeed eCom (E-Series) online webstore will not sync to the register.
- Sign into the register as a register manager.
- Tap ‘Register Settings’ on the Main Menu (iOS) or ‘Setup’ on the register menu (Android).Retail POS (S-Series) app for iOSRetail POS (S-Series) app for Android
- Toggle the switch next to ‘Saved Sales Sync’ (iOS) or ‘Saved Sales and Tables Sync’ (Android).Retail POS (S-Series) app for iOSRetail POS (S-Series) app for Android
- Review the warning, then tap ‘Continue’ to disable the feature on this register.
- (Optional) Repeat steps 1 - 4 to disable the feature on other offline registers.
Saved Sales Sync will remain enabled on other registers until these steps are repeated.
- To re-enable Saved Sales Sync, perform steps 1 - 3 on a register where it is disabled.