Sign Up to Sign In
Welcome to ShopKeep!
This article covers the initial steps of signing up for a new ShopKeep account and logging into BackOffice to get started setting up. Try out ShopKeep for yourself and let us know how we can help!
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
Sign Up for ShopKeep
Just like ShopKeep itself, signup is simple. Read below about how to create a new account from the ShopKeep Register app, from the ShopKeep Pocket app, or from our website.
From the ShopKeep Register App
From the iOS or Android ShopKeep Register app, follow the steps below to create a new ShopKeep account.
- Download the ShopKeep Register app on an iPad or Android tablet.
- Open the ShopKeep Register app.
- In the ShopKeep Register app, tap ‘OK’ (iOS) or 'OK' and 'Allow' (Android) on each prompt to give ShopKeep access to the required permissions.
iOS ShopKeep Register AppAndroid ShopKeep Register App
- On iOS, local network and/or Bluetooth access is required for most printers, credit card readers, and barcode scanners to connect to the ShopKeep Register app. Access can be disabled or re-enabled at any time from the Settings app.
- On Android, storage, location, and camera permissions are required to operate the ShopKeep Register app. To learn why each one is needed, read the text in the ‘App permissions required’ prompt below. Permissions can be disabled or re-enabled at any time from the Settings app.
- Tap ‘Get Started Now’ to create a new account.
- Choose a store name and enter your email and a password, then tap 'Get My Free Account’.
- (Optional) If prompted, enable push notifications.
Notifications alert you with updates on matters affecting your ShopKeep account, such as when there is a service disruption. Notifications can be disabled at any time from the Settings app on the iPad.
This feature is only available in the iOS ShopKeep Register app. If not prompted during account creation, you may be asked later to enable notifications from the sign in screen after a register shift is closed. Stay tuned as we roll out this feature to everyone.Tap ‘Yes’.Tap ‘Allow’.
- If prompted, follow the cues to add an item and ring up a sale.
A register shift will automatically be opened for $0.00. To maintain accurate reporting, be sure to open and close shifts each business day.
- Log into BackOffice, and complete the tasks left in the Setup Checklist to continue setting up your store.
From the ShopKeep Pocket App
From the iOS or Android ShopKeep Pocket app, follow the steps below to create a new ShopKeep account.
- Download the ShopKeep Pocket app on an iOS or Android device.
For help completing this step, visit our ShopKeep Pocket article.
- Open the ShopKeep Pocket app.
- Tap ‘Create Free Account’.
- Choose a store name and enter your email and a password, then tap 'Create Free Account’.
- Log into BackOffice, and complete the tasks in the Setup Checklist to begin setting up your store.
From the Web
From any web browser, follow the steps below to create a new ShopKeep account.
- Visit ShopKeep.com.
- Click 'Get Started'.
- Answer some questions about your business, and proceed through the prompts.
- Wait for a ShopKeep Account Executive to contact you to help finish signup.
- Once signed up, log into BackOffice and complete the tasks in the Setup Checklist to begin setting up your store.
Log Into BackOffice
Once you have an account, log into BackOffice to add inventory, set up permissions and settings, and manage your ShopKeep store.
- Visit ShopKeepApp.com from a supported device and web browser.
Bookmark this page in your browser so it is easier to find later.
- Enter your BackOffice login information.
- Click 'Log in' to access BackOffice.
Unable to log into BackOffice? Visit our Login & Access Troubleshooting guide for help.
Visit our BackOffice Settings and Password article to learn how to change your login or password.
BackOffice is your one-stop resource for store management. Learn below about the different BackOffice elements you will see after logging in.
The Setup Checklist gives an overview of the basic tasks necessary to get a ShopKeep account ready to run transactions. The Setup Checklist loads as the homepage of BackOffice until all of its tasks are completed. Learn more about the Setup Checklist here.
The Dashboard provides an overview of all register activity and loads as the homepage of BackOffice after all tasks in the Setup Checklist are completed. Learn more about the Dashboard here.
The top banner displays your store name and convenient links for getting help.
Use this button to toggle the left side navigation menu between full and minimized views.
Nickname of the ShopKeep store as entered in location settings.
Upgrade the pricing package for your account to unlock additional features, such as eCommerce and online ordering integrations.
View articles and videos on our support site and learn how to contact Customer Care.
Get a Demo (Free accounts only)
Book a 15 minute session with a ShopKeep representative for a demonstration of how ShopKeep works and how the ShopKeep register will help your business.
Hardware & Supplies
Go directly to our online store to purchase supported hardware.
The user currently logged into BackOffice. Click to send us feedback, refer a friend to ShopKeep, or log out.
Side Navigation Bar
The side navigation bar is the primary means of moving through the different areas of BackOffice.
Setup Checklist (New merchants only)
Where to access the Setup Checklist guide.
Where to find reports of transactions, sales, register activity, inventory, and exports.
Where to view the Item List and manage all inventory.
The Item List can also be accessed from the ShopKeep Register app.
Where to add or edit employees, set up BackOffice users, view Time Clock information, and run the Labor Tracking Report.
Where to view the Customer List, manage customers, and export customers from BackOffice.
Where to create, manage, and track invoices. This feature is only available for ShopKeep merchants on select pricing packages.
Where to see an overview of customer engagement and set up features such as Online Ordering and ShopKeep Spotlight.
Where to set up online and mobile credit card processing for paid ShopKeep accounts and in-store credit card processing for free accounts.
Where to manage third-party services, such as QuickBooks, that integrate with your ShopKeep account.
Where to request funds for improving your business.
Where to update billing information, customize receipts, set up tax rates, and manage other aspects of your ShopKeep account.
Receipt and tip settings can also be accessed by the Business Owner from the ShopKeep Register app. This feature is available for ShopKeep accounts created on or after July 23, 2019.
Tax rates can be assigned to individual items by employees with the relevant BackOffice permissions when managing items on the ShopKeep Register app.