for JUUL Merchants
BackOffice is the online portal where you manage your business in ShopKeep. Log in to BackOffice to add items to inventory, set sales restrictions on relevant products, add employees, and customize receipt, tax, and tender settings before running sales at the register.
After setting up BackOffice, check out our Register Guide for JUUL Merchants.
Table of Contents
Log In to BackOffice
Follow the steps below to log in to BackOffice.
- Visit www.shopkeepapp.com.
- Enter your BackOffice login information.
Store Name | ShopKeep account name with no spaces or punctuation.
Username/Email | Email used to create the ShopKeep account.
Password | Password entered when creating the ShopKeep account.
Forgot your store name or password? Click here for login assistance.
- Click 'Log in' to enter BackOffice.
Unable to log in? Visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Add Inventory Items
Inventory items are the various goods and services a business sells. Set up your items in BackOffice so cashiers can ring them up at the register. Employees with the relevant BackOffice permissions also have the ability to create items from the Android ShopKeep Register app.
JUUL® devices and JUULpods™ do not need to be set up as they have been automatically added to your account.
- Visit the 'Item List' from BackOffice or the Android ShopKeep Register app (employees with BackOffice permissions only).
- In BackOffice, click ‘Items’ and select ‘Item List’.
- In the Android ShopKeep Register app, tap ‘Setup’ on the register menu, then select ‘Manage Items’.
- Click 'Add New'.
- Select 'Create' under 'Basic Item' or 'Item with Variants'.
- Basic items are sold individually or with modifiers.
- Items with variants are items sold in variations (e.g. a single shirt with multiple sizes).
- If creating a basic item, quickly add the item by entering an ‘Item Name’ and ‘Item Price’, then clicking ‘Save’. If more details such as a UPC code, Department, or Supplier are required, tap ‘More fields…’ and follow the steps below.
- Fill in the item's details, then click 'Save'.Basic ItemItem with Variants
- After adding items, create register shortcuts to easily access them at the register.
Create Sales Restrictions
Sales restrictions allow businesses to regulate the purchase of specific items, such as alcohol and vape products, by age or quantity. Set up sales restrictions for any items you sell that have a minimum purchase age or maximum purchase quantity.
JUUL Labs™ products already have sales restrictions set up, so add restrictions for other items as needed.
- In BackOffice, click ‘Items’ and select ‘Sales Restrictions’.
- Click ‘Add New’.
- Fill in the ‘Details’ and ‘Settings’ fields.
Restriction Name | How the restriction is identified on the BackOffice ‘Sales Restrictions’ page.
Department | Select a department of items to restrict.
Category | Select a category of items within the ‘Department’ to restrict or leave as ‘All categories’.
Sales restrictions created for specific categories will override a department-level restriction in place for those categories, including if the department-level restriction has both an age and transaction limit but a category-level restriction has only one. Learn how to assign items to departments and categories here.
Sales restrictions must have either an ‘Age Restriction’ or ‘Per Transaction Limit’ set but can also have both.
Age Restriction | Minimum age a customer must be to purchase items from the selected ‘Department’ and ‘Category’.
Per Transaction Limit | Maximum quantity of items from the selected ‘Department’ and ‘Category’ allowed on one sale.
- Click ‘Save’.
Learn how sales restrictions work at the register here.
“Staff” refers to anyone who works at your business. Add employees to the staff list to be able to track their sales and time clock punches and control who can access the register and BackOffice.
- In BackOffice, click 'Staff' and select 'Staff List'.
- Click 'Add Staff'.
- If prompted, set a new register code for the Business Owner and tap 'Enable PIN'.
- Enter the employee's information.
Register Code | 4-digit code that lets employees use the time clock and sign into the register.
Role | Select ‘Cashier’ or ‘Manager’. Cashiers can run sales, returns, and perform other cashier functions at the register. Managers can perform cashier functions and manager functions, such as opening the register shift and cash drawer.
BackOffice Access | Select a level of BackOffice access to give to an employee. Visit our full Manage Staff article to learn the difference between each option.
- Click 'Save'.
Email Receipt Setup
Email receipts are convenient for customers and enable you to collect email addresses to use for marketing purposes. Customize email receipts with business information, a logo, banner, and social media links. Business Owners also have the ability to set up email receipts from the Android ShopKeep Register app.
The ‘Store Name’ set for receipts will also appear on the customer-facing touchscreen of the Sunmi T2 Lite register.
- Sign into BackOffice as an employee with the relevant permissions or the Android ShopKeep Register app as the Business Owner and open receipt settings.
- In BackOffice, click ‘Settings’ and select ‘Receipts and Tips’.
- In the Android ShopKeep Register app, tap ‘Setup’ on the register menu, then ‘Receipt and Tip Settings’.
- Click ‘Business Info’, then fill in as much business information as desired to appear on receipts.
‘Store Name’ will also appear on the customer-facing touchscreen of the Sunmi T2 Lite register.
- (Optional) Click ‘Choose Image’ to upload a business logo for the top of the email receipt.
- Click 'Save' to save changes.
- Click 'Email Receipt' to add a message, banner, and/or social media links to email receipts.
- Fill in as much information as desired to appear on email receipts.
Logo Link | Enter a URL to make the store logo a clickable link.
Heading | A heading that appears under the logo.
Message | A message that appears under the Heading.
None / Image / Text | Upload an image or enter text to appear above your social media links. For ‘Image’, tap ‘Choose Image’ to upload an image file. Banner images must be in .PNG, .JPG, or .GIF format and cannot exceed 70kB in size. For ‘Text’, enter a message.
Message Link | Enter a website URL to send customers to when they click the image or text banner.
Yelp, Facebook, etc. | Enter social media links and toggle the switches to make them appear on email receipts.
- Click 'Save'.
View a completed email receipt here.
Manage Tax Settings
Maybe everything you sell is taxed the same or maybe you sell other goods (e.g. alcohol) that require a different rate. Enter the default tax rate that will be automatically applied to taxable items, then set up additional rates to override the default for specific items.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Taxes'.
- Click the default tax rate indicated by the checkmark.
- Enter the tax rate details, then click ‘Update’.
Name | Name of the tax rate as it appears in BackOffice reporting (e.g. “Prepared Food Tax”).
Receipt Name | Name that appears on receipts when the ‘Display tax rates on receipt’ setting is set to ‘Display each tax rate charged individually’ and multiple tax rates are charged on a transaction. If left blank, this will default to ‘Tax’.
Rate | Percentage of tax charged for this tax rate (e.g. 7%, 8.875%, etc.).
Set as Default | When checked, the tax rate becomes the default tax applied to all items not assigned to a tax rate.
- (Optional) Follow the steps here to set up additional tax rates and assign items to taxes.
Configure Tender Settings
Do you accept credit or debit cards through an external terminal, personal checks, or any tenders other than cash and credit? Here’s how to enable those tenders and more for use at the register.
- Click 'Settings' and select 'Tenders'.
- Check or uncheck boxes to enable or disable tenders.
Learn what each tender is used for here.
Here are some more BackOffice features included with your account that are designed to make running your business even easier.
Mailchimp enables you to build email marketing campaigns and and send them to customers added in ShopKeep. Visit our Mailchimp Integration article to learn more.
ShopKeep integrates with QuickBooks Online to automatically sync register totals to your QuickBooks account, simplifying how you balance the books. Visit our QuickBooks Integration Setup article to learn more.