The Mini USB Barcode Scanner Setup
The Mini USB Barcode Scanner by ID Tech connects to your iOS or Clover register via USB cable, enabling cashiers to scan 1D barcodes to ring up inventory items. After setting up this device, add the UPC codes from your products to BackOffice or print barcode labels to be able to scan those items at the register.
Table of Contents
In the Box
The Mini USB Barcode Scanner by ID Tech ships with the parts listed below.
Set up The Mini USB Barcode Scanner by connecting it to a register. The specific steps to connect the scanner will vary based on whether you use the Retail POS (S-Series) app on an iOS or Clover device.
For the Retail POS (S-Series) app on iOS, follow the steps below to connect the barcode scanner.
Note: If necessary, disconnect any accessories plugged into the Lightning port before setting up the scanner as only one Lightning accessory can be connected to the iPad at a time.
- Plug a Lightning cable into the Lightning to USB Adapter.
- Plug the USB end of the Lightning cable into an iPad power adapter.
Be sure to use the power adapter that came with the iPad. Other adapters may not provide enough energy to charge the iPad and power the scanner.
- Plug the power adapter into a power outlet.
- Connect the Lightning to USB Adapter to the iPad’s charging port.
- Plug the barcode scanner into the Lightning to USB adapter.
For the Retail POS (S-Series) app on The Mini or The Station, follow the steps below to connect the scanner.
- Plug the barcode scanner into an available USB port on the Hub of the Clover device.The Mini, Built by CloverThe Station, Built by Clover
Add UPC Codes
Add item UPC codes to BackOffice to be able to scan those items at the register. For large quantities of items, consider using Bulk Management to import UPC codes from a spreadsheet.
For items without UPC codes, use a DYMO LabelWriter 450 Label Printer to print barcode labels from BackOffice.
- Visit the Item List in BackOffice or from the Retail POS (S-Series) app (employees with BackOffice permissions only).
- In BackOffice, click ‘Items’ and select ‘Item List’.
Retail POS (S-Series) app for iOSRetail POS (S-Series) app for Android
- In the Retail POS (S-Series) app for iOS, tap ‘Manage Items’ on the Main Menu. For the Retail POS (S-Series) app for Android, tap ‘Setup’ on the register menu, then select ‘Manage Items’.
- Select an item to edit or add a new item.
- Click the 'UPC' field and scan (or manually type) the UPC code on the item.
UPC codes must be 2 – 55 digits long and cannot contain letters.
- Select a save option to finish editing or creating the item.
- If adding UPC codes in BackOffice, get updates on the iOS or Android register to sync the changes made to the register.
Have questions about barcode scanners? Visit our Hardware FAQ. If you run into problems scanning barcodes, check out our troubleshooting guide for help.