Epson TM-m10 / TM-m30
Bluetooth Printer Setup
The Epson TM-m10 and TM-m30 Bluetooth printers connect wirelessly via Bluetooth to print receipts (iOS and Android) and kitchen tickets (iOS only) in the ShopKeep Register app. Follow this guide to learn how to set up the printer, pair it with a register device, and connect it to ShopKeep.
If setting up a Star Micronics Bluetooth 650II receipt printer, visit this article instead.
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
In the Box
The Epson TM-m10 and TM-m30 Bluetooth Printers ship with the parts listed below.
Printer Hardware Setup
Complete the basic steps of connecting the printer to power and loading paper to prepare the printer to be connected to your register.
- Locate the bottom panel on the printer with four rubber feet.
- Remove the bottom panel by squeezing its sides and pulling it away from the printer, then remove the other panel.
- Plug the power adapter cable into the round power port.
- (Optional) Connect a cash drawer to the printer.Plug the smaller end of the cable included with your cash drawer into the printer’s cash drawer port.Plug the larger end of the cable into the bottom of the cash drawer.
- Snap the bottom panel back into place on the printer, then reattach the side panel.
The panels are interchangeable, so attach them in whatever orientation is preferred.
- Connect the power cable to the wall adapter, then plug the wall adapter into a power outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer.
- Lift the gray latch to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover on the paper.
The paper must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Wait for the status light to turn solid blue and for the other lights to turn off.
- Follow the steps in the next section to pair the printer with your iPad or Android tablet.
Pair the Printer
After setting up the printer hardware, pair the printer with your iPad or Android tablet via Bluetooth so it can be connected with the ShopKeep Register app.
- Open the 'Settings' app on the iPad or Android tablet.
- If using an Android tablet, tap 'Connections'.
- Tap 'Bluetooth'.iOSAndroid
- Toggle 'Bluetooth' on.iOSAndroid
- Select the printer 'TM-m10…’ or ‘TM-m30...' to connect.iOSAndroid
- If using an Android tablet, tap ‘OK’ to accept the pairing request.
- Wait for the printer to pair with the iPad or Android tablet.
On iOS, the status of the printer will change to ‘Connected’. On Android, the printer will move to the ‘Paired devices’ section of the screen.
If the printer does not connect, visit our Epson Printer Troubleshooting guide for help.iOSAndroid
- Follow the steps in the next section to connect the printer to the ShopKeep Register app.
Connect to ShopKeep
With the printer powered on and paired with the iPad or Android tablet, connect it to the ShopKeep Register app to begin using it to print at the register.
- In the ShopKeep Register app, open the Main Menu (iOS) or register menu (Android), and tap 'Integrated Hardware' (iOS) or 'Setup' (Android).iOS ShopKeep Register AppAndroid ShopKeep Register App
- Select 'Printers' (iOS) or ‘Receipt printers’ (Android).iOS ShopKeep Register AppAndroid ShopKeep Register App
- Toggle the switch for 'Epson TM-m10' or 'TM-m30' on from the list of receipt printers and/or from the list of ticket printers (iOS only).
If the printer is not listed, visit our troubleshooting guide for help resolving the issue.
- If setting up as a ticket printer in the iOS ShopKeep Register app, enter a printer name and tap 'Add'.
After adding the printer, create printer groups in BackOffice to enable items for ticket printing.
- (Optional) Tap the printer icon to test the connection between ShopKeep and the printer.
If successful, this prints a slip of paper with the printer’s name, MAC address, and the date and time.
Nothing printing? Visit our Epson Printer Troubleshooting guide for help resolving the issue.