Bluetooth Receipt Printer Setup
The Star Micronics 650II Bluetooth Receipt Printer connects wirelessly with your iPad register to print receipts. Follow this guide to learn how to pair the printer with your iPad, set up a cash drawer, and connect the printer to the Retail POS (S-Series) app.
Setting up an Epson TM-m10 / TM-m30 Bluetooth receipt printer? Visit this article instead.
Watch our setup video below:
Table of Contents
In the Box
Here’s what you should see upon receiving your TSP650II Bluetooth receipt printer:
Printer Hardware Setup
Before using the printer in the Lightspeed Retail POS, you must first set up its hardware. Follow along below to pair your printer with the iPad and connect your cash drawer.
Pair the Printer with iPad
Since Bluetooth devices do not connect to the iPad over WiFi, they must be paired directly with the iPad to communicate with it.
- Plug the power cable into the rightmost port on the back of the printer.
- Pull back the switch to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover.
Paper must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Plug the power cable into an outlet and flip the power switch to turn on the printer.
- Hold the PAIR button for 5-10 seconds and release it when the green LED blinks.
- On the iPad, open the Settings app.
- Tap 'Bluetooth' and toggle Bluetooth on.
- Under ‘Other Devices’, tap ‘Star Micronics’ and wait for its status to change to ‘Connected’.
If the printer does not pair, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Connect the Cash Drawer
The cash drawer interacts with the iPad through its connection with the receipt printer. Connect your cash drawer to the printer so the drawer can open automatically for cash sales in Lightspeed Retail.
- Plug the cash drawer cable (small head) into the printer’s DK port.
- Plug the other end (larger head) into the bottom of the cash drawer.
Connect to Lightspeed
Once paired with the iPad, connect your printer to the Retail POS (S-Series) app so the register can begin printing receipts.
- In the Retail POS (S-Series) app, open the Main Menu and select 'Integrated Hardware'.
- Tap ‘Printers’.
- When the printer appears under ‘Receipt Printers’, tap the switch to toggle it on.
- If the printer is not listed, visit our troubleshooting guide for help resolving the issue.
- Switches can be toggled on / off at each register to change the printer connected to each register.
- (Optional) Tap the printer icon to test the connection between the Retail POS (S-Series) app and the printer.
- If successful, this prints a slip of paper with the printer’s name, MAC address, and the date and time.
- If a small test sheet does not print, visit our troubleshooting guide for help.
Wondering what kind of paper to buy? Visit our Printer FAQ for the answer to this question and others.