To update the Retail POS (S-Series) app, visit the Introduction to the iPad article instead.
Update your iPad’s iOS software as Apple software updates are released. Visit our Best Practices for Lightspeed Apps article to check which version of iOS you currently have and to see which versions the Retail POS (S-Series) app is currently compatible with.
Table of Contents
Important First Steps
Before you update iOS, make sure you read through these important steps.
iOS updates can take a long time. It’s best to update at end of the day or a few hours prior to opening.
Lightspeed Retail POS Tips
How to Update iOS
There are two different ways to update iOS: wirelessly or on a computer through iTunes. Both methods work equally well, so choose the method that is most convenient for you.
- Connect your iPad to power.
- Open the 'Settings' app.
- Check that you're connected to your WiFi network.
- Select 'General', then 'Software Update'.
- Tap 'Download and Install'.
- Follow the prompts on your screen to complete installation.
Updating Via iTunes
- If necessary, update iTunes to the latest version.
Click here to download the latest version.
- Connect the iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
- Click the iPad icon on the menu bar.
- Click 'Update'. Follow the prompts on screen to complete installation.