Lightspeed & Apple Pay
Watch our Lightspeed and Apple Pay video:
Table of Contents
What is Apple Pay?
If you have questions about setting up or using Apple Pay with Lightspeed Retail, visit our FAQ.
Apple Pay Setup
Apple Pay transactions are run through your credit card processor just like credit card sales. If your processor supports Apple Pay, so can your business.
- Follow the steps here to set up credit card processing.
- Set up the Link/2500, Moby/5500, QuickBooks All-in-One, Clover Go, Clover Mini, or Clover Flex credit card reader for use at the register.
- Visit the Lightspeed Store to purchase a credit card reader.
- The Clover Go, Clover Mini, and Clover Flex are only available to eligible merchants processing credit cards with ShopKeep Payments by Lightspeed.
Using Apple Pay at the Register
Follow the steps below to learn the basics of accepting Apple Pay payments at the register.
- In the Retail POS (S-Series) app, the cashier rings up a sale and taps 'Credit'.
- The customer prepares their Apple Pay device for payment.
For help with this step, visit Apple Support.
- The customer holds their device within 1″ of the card reader when prompted in the Retail POS (S-Series) app.
- The customer waits for a vibration, checkmark, and beep on their device to confirm the payment.
- The cashier finishes the sale like a normal credit transaction.
If you have problems completing a sale with Apple Pay, visit a Credit Card Reader Troubleshooting guide for help.