Customer Management Troubleshooting
This page offers solutions to common problems associated with managing your customer list in BackOffice.
Table of Contents
I am unable to load the customer list.
If the Customer List page does not load or appears to be frozen, the issue could be with your browser.
- Refresh or reload your browser page.
- Clear your browser cache.
- If you are still unable to load the page, try updating your browser to the latest version.
I receive an error when I select a spreadsheet to import.
There are a few errors you might see: “CSV file contains invalid characters,” “Imported file is invalid,” “Imported file content type is invalid,” and “CSV file must include both a header and a record.”
- Check that you saved the spreadsheet as a .CSV file.
- Open the import spreadsheet.
- Remove any nonstandard characters.
- Ensure the spreadsheet contains more than just a header row.
- Resave the spreadsheet as a .CSV file and import it again.
"Record ID must be mapped to proceed."
You cannot delete or change the Customer Record ID column on the spreadsheet you are using to bulk modify or delete customers. Modifying or deleting the Customer Record ID column causes this error.
There were errors with my add / modify / delete import job.
- Click 'Download errors (CSV)'.
- Open the file when finished downloading.
- Look at the first column ('Errors') to see what went wrong.
“Either first name, last name, or email address must be present” – Customers must have at least one of these. This error also appears for blank rows left in the spreadsheet.
“Email is invalid” – The email entered is in the wrong format. Check that it’s not missing the @ or the .com/.org/etc. Emails should be in this format: [email protected]
“Sales tax number can’t be blank” – If you entered ‘Yes’ in the Tax Exempt column, you must enter the customer’s tax number in the following column.
“No customer associated with this ID” – This happens when Bulk Management can’t find a customer associated with that Customer Record ID. See above.
- Fix the errors and try the import again.