Epson TM-m10 USB Printer Setup
The Epson TM-m10 USB printer plugs into your Android tablet via a USB hub (sold separately) to print customer receipts and employee shift reports. Set up the printer hardware and connect it to the Retail POS (S-Series) app to begin using it at the register.
This printer is supported for use with the Retail POS (S-Series) app for Android and the Sunmi T2 Lite. To learn how to set up the printer with the Sunmi T2 Lite, visit our setup article here.
Table of Contents
In the Box
The Epson TM-m10 USB Printer ship with the parts listed below.
Printer Hardware Setup
Complete the basic steps of connecting the Epson TM-m10 USB printer to power, plugging it into your Android tablet via a USB hub (sold separately), and loading paper. After setup, the printer can be connected to the Retail POS (S-Series) app for use at the register.
- Squeeze the sides of the bottom panel (four rubber feet) and pull it away from the printer to remove it, then remove the other panel.
- Plug the power adapter cable into the round power port.
- Plug the included USB cable into the USB port.
To prevent the USB cable from accidentally disconnecting from the printer, use the optional cable clip. Learn how to attach the clip here.
- Connect the USB cable to your Android tablet.a Plug the other end of the USB cable into a USB hub (sold separately).b Plug the USB hub into the charging port on the tablet.c (Optional) If the hub has a charging port, plug in a charging cable and connect the other end to a power adapter to charge the tablet.
- (Optional) Connect a cash drawer to the printer.a Plug the small end of the cash drawer cable into the cash drawer port on the printer.b Plug the larger end of the cash drawer cable into the bottom of the drawer.
- Snap the bottom panel back into place on the printer, then reattach the side panel.
The panels are interchangeable, so attach them in whichever orientation is preferred.
- Connect the adapter cable to the wall adapter, then plug the wall adapter into a power outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer.
To prevent the printer from being accidentally turned off, use the optional power button cover. Learn how to attach the cover here.
- Lift the gray latch to open the cover, load the paper, and close the cover on the paper.
The paper must feed from the bottom of the roll as shown below.
- Wait for the status light to turn solid blue and for the other lights to turn off.
- (Optional) Follow the steps in the next section to test the connection between the Retail POS (S-Series) app and the printer.
Print Test Sheet
With the printer hardware set up, print an optional test sheet containing the printer’s model number, connection type, and the date and time to make sure the Retail POS (S-Series) app is able to communicate with the printer.
- Sign into the Retail POS (S-Series) app as a register manager and tap ‘Setup’ on the register menu.
- Select ‘Receipt Printers’.
- Verify the switch for 'Epson TM Printer' is toggled on.
- Tap the printer icon and select ‘OK’ to test the connection between the Retail POS (S-Series) app and the printer.
If successful, this prints a slip of paper with the printer’s model, connection type, and the date and time.